How Businesses Can Leverage Data Analytics to Grow and Improve
June 11, 2023
Read time: 4 minutes
- In today’s digital-first world, businesses that harness the power of data to make informed decisions naturally gain a competitive advantage over those that don’t.
- Suggesting New Technologies: Leveraging their knowledge and expertise regarding technology your CoE will consistently suggest the latest tools to help make processes better.
- Governing The Use of Data: Keeping business data accurate and reliable requires consistent effort and supervision which your CoE will provide.
In today’s digital-first world, businesses that harness the power of data to make informed decisions naturally gain a competitive advantage over those that don’t. Additionally, integrating data analytics into key business areas such as marketing, operations, sales, and more results in higher productivity and growth. In this article by Some Web Studio, we’ll explore the best ways businesses can make data analytics a core part of how they operate and the benefits of doing so.
Establish a Center of Excellence
A center of excellence (CoE) will serve as a dedicated team within your organization that specializes in driving innovation and knowledge-sharing across the organization. In a nutshell, this team will be at the forefront of all data-related activities and assist all other teams in leveraging the power of data-based decision-making to achieve organizational goals, here’s how:
- Standardizing Procedures: The CoE will develop best practices for collecting and analyzing business data. The methodologies and collection practices suggested by the CoE will be implemented by all other teams, as this level of standardization will enhance data accuracy, and enable prompt decision-making at all levels of the company.
- Suggesting New Technologies: Leveraging their knowledge and expertise regarding technology your CoE will consistently suggest the latest tools to help make processes better. For instance, this can include testing and rolling out the use of new AI-based tools such as AI chatbots, AI data analyzers, and generative tools.
- Governing The Use of Data: Keeping business data accurate and reliable requires consistent effort and supervision which your CoE will provide. With this CoE manager, you can ensure data integrity and ensure the best practices are followed at all times.
Leverage Data to Acquire and Retain Customers
Regardless of the size or type of your business, acquiring and retaining customers remains the key goal. Data analytics will play a key role in achieving these goals as it provides a deep understanding of customer behavior, preferences, and expectations.
Here are some of the best ways to leverage data analytics to provide the best services to new and existing customers:
- Customer Segmentation: Segmenting customers based on demographics, behaviors, and other unique identifying factors enables businesses to create tailored marketing strategies, personalized experiences, and targeted campaigns, resulting in higher conversions and sales, as reported by Bython.
- Predictive Analytics: Applying predictive AI tools to your customer data enables you to develop predictions regarding customer behavior, such as the best times to promote a new product, suggest products while browsing your e-commerce store, and more. Additionally, this also helps businesses identify customers they are going to churn and take proactive steps to retain them.
- Marketing Funnel Optimization: Every customer needs to be moved through a carefully designed funnel that converts them from prospects into paying users, according to Emeritus. Data analysis helps to consistently optimize activities at the Top, Middle & Bottom of the funnel to convert more customers and retain them to garner higher market share and outperform competitors.
Use Data Analytics For Risk Management
In addition to cyber attacks, businesses need to protect themselves from a host of financial and data-related risks. But, leveraging the power of data analytics can help proactively identify and mitigate risks in the following ways:
- Prompt Fraud Detection: Analyzing large datasets related to user activity and website performance can help identify patterns of fraudulent activities, whether it be the creation of numerous fake accounts, unusual server load, etc.
- Predictive Risk Assessments: Similar to customer management, businesses can use AI data analysis tools to develop predictive risk management models that can help assess the probability of various types of risks whether they be related to finances, credit, economics, and more.
By establishing a Center of Excellence, organizations can streamline data collection, ensure data quality, and foster innovation. A CoE should be a priority for all businesses as data analytics has become an indispensable tool for businesses to drive growth, enhance decision-making, and mitigate risks. Additionally, leveraging data analytics for customer acquisition and retention allows businesses to tailor their strategies and improve customer experiences.
Guest Post by Marcus Lansky.
Marcus Lansky of Abilitator.biz is an entrepreneur and small business owner who was born with a severe spinal condition, Marcus took the challenge to be able to walk again. With the will and aid of numerous individuals from the medical field and supporting friends and cheerleaders, he was able to take his first steps and take on the world. He then created his company (Abilitator) and website (abilitator.biz), as a way to reach out and help those who are disabled and show them that becoming an entrepreneur is a very achievable goal.
Share this on social media
Affiliate Content Disclosure
This content contains affiliate links that will take you to other websites. If you visit such websites and make a purchase, we’ll receive a commission from the seller. The amount you pay for the product or service doesn’t increase. These affiliate commissions help us generate more free content for our members. This includes templates, tutorials, and plugins.